Experience & Relationships
Edward C. Denton is president of the Denton Realty Company and serves as the principal advisor to the firm's clients. His real estate practice includes traditional brokerage as well as consulting for investors, developers and lenders on matters such as underwriting, franchising, complex deal structuring, turnaround management and distressed asset resolutions.
Mr. Denton has significant experience as an owner, operator, consultant and broker in the hospitality and commercial real estate industries. Prior to establishing the Denton Realty Company, he co-founded a real estate investment, management and consulting firm that was acquired in 2012. Additionally, Mr. Denton has held executive positions for private real estate firms with investments in hotels, apartments, retail, self-storage, office and industrial properties. He started his career with Marriott International where he held property management positions.
Mr. Denton has served on multiple professional and civic boards and as an adjunct faculty member at Tidewater Community College. He is currently on the board of directors for the Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate and the Cape Henry Collegiate Alumni Association.
B.S., Virginia Tech (Hospitality & Tourism Management)
Real Estate Broker, Commonwealth of Virginia
Real Estate Broker, State of North Carolina
- Management oversight for more than 100 real estate assets from Maryland to Florida
- Brokered the sale of dozens of investment properties
- Directed over $100 million of acquisitions
- Provided strategic consulting for CMBS special servicers and regional banks on more than $750 million of real estate loans
- Served as a court appointed receiver in multiple jurisdictions
- Qualified as expert witness in real estate litigation
- Planned and executed several multi-million dollar property renovation and re-branding projects
Historic Tax Credits
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Choice Hotels International
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts